Sunday, January 01, 2017

Listen to the mug

Message in ceramic
London, ON
December 2016
This is a picture of my wife's mug, and I often linger over it if I happen to be the one who's filling it. It's a simple message, but one that seems to define who we are and how we've chosen to live our life together.

Life isn't always easy, and it doesn't always follow a linear or predictable path. But as long as we know this one basic fact, all those other challenges somehow seem to pale in comparison. And everything more or less works out for the better.

I know she doesn't need her mug to remind her of this. But I'm still glad we have a concrete reminder right in front of us every morning. Because I'd hate to miss an opportunity to let her know what's floating through my head.

Your turn: Got a favorite mug? What story does it tell?

--
This photo was originally shared on Instagram. For more photos, visit/follow me here:
https://www.instagram.com/carmilevy

No comments: