Monday, March 09, 2015

Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.

Start me up
London, ON
March 2015
Thematic. Drink. Here.
Welcome to my office, the place where words get spun and cool things are created. As far as offices go, it's a pretty neat, welcoming place. And when I'm sitting in front of all of that technology - seriously, I have way too much LCD in my life - I can't help but think that I'm in the right place, in a spot that makes me feel both comfortable and very much alive.

Of course, technology can only get you so far, so a mug of steeped tea is usually called for. And unlike Star Trek: TNG's Captain Picard, who simply had to call for it out of a replicator, I actually have to boil the kettle, stick the infuser in, and wait for the convective magic to happen.

Our 21st century primitive tea-making technology aside, I think I prefer to make it myself. Some things just feel better when you don't have to rely on some unseen circuitry. Not everything needs an app, and I think my tea mug may very well be the last holdout.

Your turn: What's the appeal of a warm mug of coffee/tea/whatever?

2 comments:

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

Hot beverage that wakes you up!
~

Janet said...

I was just watching one of the Star Trek movies with Jean Luc last night :-)