Saturday, December 28, 2013

Decaying yet spectacular

I have a certain, how to put this, thing for so-called urban ruins. As depressing as it can be to look at once-proud, now-decaying architecture, there's a certain poignancy to it. One scene, one photo can easily take you back to a time when life was a whole lot different than it is today.

More than any perfectly formed box of a building, modern-day ruins make your mind churn and your heart race. They make you feel something. Because what's life if we can't feel?

I felt something when I saw this collection of photos. The headline calls them the most spectacular abandoned places in the world. I call them inspirational, and I hope you enjoy them.

Related links:

2 comments:

Kelsea said...

I resonated so much with this post. I've always enjoyed ruins and some of the pictures in the link are spectacular. It's that feeling of unearthing the beauty in it if you just look hard enough, the expectation of a story to unfold.

"Because what's life if we can't feel?" Love this line in particular.

gilly's camera said...

utterly amazing