Thursday, October 17, 2013

BlackBerry, Lenovo, and you

BlackBerry makes small electronic devices that fit into your pocket. Lenovo makes larger electronic devices that would probably rip your pocket if you tried to stuff them in.

The Wall Street Journal is reporting this afternoon that Lenovo may want to buy BlackBerry. If this plays out, the Chinese PC vendor would join a growing list of potential suitors for the beleaguered Canadian smartphone maker. If you recall, Lenovo bought the PC unit from IBM a few years back: seems like someone in their executive suites likes icons.

I'll be watching this one closely. I'll also likely be commenting on and writing about it, because Canadians can't get enough news about the state of this once-storied Canadian company. I'm especially interested in the federal government's response if this goes any further: national security concerns in the event of a Chinese takeover bid will weigh high on politicians' minds.

I think my life's going to be busy for the next couple of days. Seems like a recurring theme, which is absolutely fine by me.

#InterestingTimes
#TheOnlyConstantIsChange

No comments: