Sunday, May 05, 2013

Waiting for the snow to melt

Where's my blanket?
London, ON
February 2013
Click here for more vegetative Thematic
It's sunny and gorgeous outside. No one's complaining about the cold or the snow, and the Environment Canada website could be offline for all we know and no one would care.

Pretty soon, I'll take my shorts-and-t-shirt wearing self outside, and I won't have to put on a parka or hunt down mittens. The dog won't bury himself in a snowdrift, and the winds won't howl around the edges of the windows.

Yet it wasn't that long ago that I was freezing my hands blue to get this shot. Funny what time can do to the landscape. And to us.

Your turn: For some strange reason, I'm having flashbacks to Les Nessman's Eyewitness Weather. what's the weather like where you are?

1 comment:

Michèle et Jean-Claude said...

In Montréal, Ottawa and Boynton Beach Fl., it is sunny and 26 celsius at 7 pm! I hope this is Mother Nature rewarding us for being patient and that she won't make us pay in June!