Tuesday, May 29, 2012

RIM hires bankers. Investors bail. Again.

So the big news out of techland today is a familiar one: BlackBerry maker Research In Motion had another bad day. It announced it was hiring bankers J.P. Morgan Securities and RBC Capital Markets to help it investigate all strategic options - including partnerships, licensing, or even an asset sale.

I spoke with some folks on the way home from work, and as a result was late for dinner (totally worth it.) Havard Gould included a couple of clips in his report on CBC's The National. Video here.

I'll be up before sunup tomorrow to speak with CFRB Newstalk 1010's John Moore just after 6:20 a.m. (livestream here), CTV's Canada AM at 7:10, and CBC Radio's Metro Morning in Toronto at 8:10.

Between now and then I have to crank out a lot more words than I already have on my too-white laptop screen. It never ends. Nor would I want it to.

2 comments:

CorvusCorax12 said...

don't know much about it, but always feel bad when i hear that a lot of people will be laid off

Unknown said...

You are terrific on the air, Carmi! I am covering a story about an airline that is in similar circumstances as the tech company!