Thursday, February 23, 2012

Finger this

It's been a quiet week on the blog thanks to a convergence of work, life and geekitude.


On the life front, we've been all over the place with the little man. His finger's causing him no shortage of annoyance and pain, but trooper that he is he's found his own way to push through it all. This morning's trip back to the hospital was a good one, with the plastic surgeon and physiotherapists setting him up with a new splint - properly fitted this time - and an exercise regimen.

Work's been delightfully challenging, too, as I've been in and out of studios at all hours of the early morning and late night - which is as I like it. I've also spent ample quality time with my laptop - which is also as I like it. Once I get past the shock of waking up in the middle of the night, the experience of writing quietly in my darkened kitchen, lit only by the soft backlight of the keyboard and screen is something I truly enjoy. It makes me feel like a writer, which I'm guessing is a good thing.

I've got a huge backlog of photos, ideas and writing for the blog, but I just haven't been able to carve out the time this week to do them any justice. So they wait, quietly, while I churn through all the other stuff on my plate. I'm looking forward to the weekend when I can get back to the softer, me stuff. I can't wait to see what everyone's been up to while I've been off on this double-edged tangent of mine.

Life's such a neat trip, isn't it?

2 comments:

21 Wits said...

It's so good to know others are in throngs of the same busy life, each with different woes of broken this or that, but yet the same yearning for that special me time...which often only comes a moment here and there, but we seize all that we can.

On My Soapbox said...

Glad to hear that little man's finger is coming along. When I was a kid and my finger had to be splinted, it just so happened to be my middle finger. And I had to keep it elevated. You can imagine how much fun I had with that!