Tuesday, September 06, 2011

The ultimate (white) driving machine


Bangle butt

Orangeburg, NY, July 2011
About this photo: Thematic. white. here.
I'm not the world's biggest fan of white as a car color. I figure if I'm going to spend six figures on a vehicle, it'll have a color somewhat more appealing than that worn by the fridge that until recently stood in our kitchen.

Either that or I'm still experiencing flashbacks to my mother-in-law's late, unlamented white Ford Tempo. I swear that car started rusting before its first birthday. Then again, maybe it would have sucked in any color. Whatever.

Still, there was something neat about the golden-hour glow on the rear trunklid of this BMW convertible. It reminded me that little details - in any color - can make even an ordinary-seeming thing like a nameplate seem a little less ordinary.

Your turn: What's in this car's trunk?

4 comments:

21 Wits said...

Great minds think white! I included something much like this in my series....playing around with white and light! Cool car, I would take it in most any color and smile while I ZOOM by!

Man Named Kim said...

in the trunk...

a small bag of one night's supplies for a two night journey, to the sea.

Leanne Tillaart said...

I have a white Pathfinder, it is just alright in colour to me.

But in this trunk...

-One very extensive set of premium golf clubs in a leather monogrammed golf bag!

-a few sleletons

And one special order BMW emergency kit, just for those sticky situations!

Barbara said...

Great photo! As for what's in the trunk: you said this is a convertible so the trunk is likely small, just big enough for the golf bag Leanne mentioned.