Monday, June 21, 2010

Seasonal slash of light


Windowed light
Richmond Hill, ON, June 2010
About this picture: It's geometric week here at Written Inc., and we're sharing any image with a shape in it. Yes, I know, I really need a life, but humor me, will ya? If you'd like to play along with Thematic Photographic, click here.
I'm easily distracted by out-of-the-ordinary visuals, so when, in the middle of a conversation, my eyes begin to wander a bit, most folks who know me realize it isn't because I'm being rude. Typically, something's caught my eye, and I'm simply, almost subconsciously, exploring it with my eye and wondering whether or not it's worth a picture later on.

Which is exactly how I discovered this stretch of wall beneath a window in the corner of the living room. In any other circumstance, it would be as ordinary as it gets. But with the mid-morning, last-day-of-spring sun streaming through the blinds covering an adjacent window, it became almost magnetic.

Well, to me, anyway. So I shot it.

Your turn: How do you like to welcome in summer?

4 comments:

Kay said...

it is lovely! I enjoy those same shapes and shadows that dance around from my windows... on restless night, I literally lay in bed for hours watching all the shapes transpire...

awww... summer.... not so bad a wandering eye you have there haha

LZ Blogger said...

Very effective use of light here. ~ jb///

theMuddledMarketPlace said...

getting the hammock out

then faling asleep in it

first completed, second yet to occure

Andrey Dorokhov said...

very interesting idea! Love these light stripes