Friday, May 07, 2010

The flock returns


Vantage point
London, ON, March 2010
About this photo: We're celebrating spring as part of this week's Thematic Photographic. What am I talking about? Head here to find out.
While the typical image of spring involves buds, leaves and flowers, I've always seen it slightly differently (I know, big surprise.) Spring, to me, marks the return of animals we haven't seen or heard all winter. When I'm walking through a wooded area, for example, I like to close my eyes and listen for the birds. The days are somehow just a little bit richer once their song returns.

On this day, the newly returned flock was kicking up quite a racket. I couldn't tell if they were happy, sad, or something in between. It didn't really matter, frankly, because all I cared about was that they were here in the first place. It was a reminder to me that life, somehow, goes on, and in the end it's up to us to take the time to listen closely.

Your turn: Close your eyes. What do you hear?

One more thing: I spoke live with CTV News Channel's Marcia MacMillan earlier this evening about today's announcement that Apple's iPad would hit Canadian stores May 28th. Here's the video. Here's another link, just in case.

And, no, Steve Jobs hasn't sent me my free iPad yet.

3 comments:

CorvusCorax12 said...

i hear the bird, frogs and the rustling of the leaves(finally)

fredamans said...

Steve can send me a free IPad also.. ;-)

Cloudia said...

creaking ropes!




Aloha from "on board" Waikiki


Comfort Spiral