Please caption this image
[Click here for instructions on how Caption This works]
Laval, QC, August 2008 [Click to enlarge]
The scene: I was on my way home from a quiet, early morning photo-walk. Crossing a bridge over one of the small tributaries that define this peaceful oasis within an otherwise busy suburb, I stopped to take in the scene by the water. As I leaned over the railing, I noticed this odd scene evolving below me. Didn't look like a dog...because it was a cat.
I have no words for this picture. I hope you do.
Your turn: Please come up with a funny or otherwise memorable caption for this photo. Enter as often as you wish. Pull in anyone you think might be amused by this weekly diversion. I'll announce the winner next week. For more background on how Caption This works, click here to go back to where it all began. As this is a water-themed photo, click here for this week's Thematic Photographic madness.
About last week's photo of my son in the grocery store: I never miss an opportunity to capture our kids with my camera. They're growing so fast that I feel I'll miss something if I don't keep the Nikon with me at all times. Even a ho hum trip to the grocery store is fertile photographic ground. Many of you got the zeitgeist of this week's photo, and I'm pleased to share the following Honorable Menschens:
- Barb: "Pick me! Pick me!" (shades of Eddie Murphy's Donkey character in Shrek.)
- Heidi: "Freedom of choice." (so poignant in this season of disputed Olympics and elections)
- Robin: "As far as the aisle, can see." (No one does lyrical as well as Robin)
- Awareness: "Kellogg Jungle." (Because that's exactly what this place is...a jungle)
- Beverly: "But I don't see any that I like." (She must have been reading my son's mind)
- Sara: "The pursuit of happiness." (Speaks to that bubble of childhood I often write about)
- Anne: "Where's 'special Z'?" (Loved the commercial-flecked cynicism of this one)
- Lissa: "Hmmmm...I wonder how much I can grab and put into this cart before they notice..." (Lissa's been shopping with me before. She knows)