Monday, October 18, 2004

The adventurous shopper - Part 1

When I go grocery shopping, it is always a dangerous thing. I often get home with things that weren't on the list. I'm not an impulsive shopper by any means, but there's something about grocery shopping that calls out to me. I enjoy telling stories about my "special buys" when I get home.

If this isn't bad enough, time of day adds another level of unpredictability to the Carmi Shopping Experience. Specifically, shopping after 10 p.m. on my way home from a never-ending day of work and meetings is pretty much an adventure waiting to happen.

This time out, as I yawned my way down the aisles of the neighbourhood supermarket, it dawned on me that I had the camera in my backpack. So I did what any self-respecting shopper does to keep the late-night weirdos away: I took it out and surreptitiously captured scenes that I found amusing. Thankfully, I wasn't caught or asked to leave the store.

This time. I will leave it to you to furnish an appropriate caption for each photo. Have fun!

4 comments:

Trillian said...

I love the concept of the "Carmi Shopping Experience"! Awesome. Great shots, too. Especially the Heinz one. I wonder if John Kerry would appreciate it.

Kate said...

Are those cows?
;)

Canuckeh said...

This is the first time I've posted to your blog, Carmi. I completely empathize with the Carmi Shopping Experience. I often ask, "Now why did I buy that?" Oh, well.

Dean said...

Caption "Hey, get your nose out of my...!"

or perhaps

"Hey, buy me! You look like an udder guy."