Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Thematic Photographic 351 - From a great height

Top-down view
Toronto, ON
September 2015
Photography is all about perspective. Change it up just slightly - or not so slightly - and you can end up with an entirely different view of essentially the same ‎scene.

Looking through my recent camera roll reveals a distinct vertical trend: I've been shooting down from relatively great heights. Whether it's a balcony, the roof or an upper-floor hotel room, my lenses have been pointing down for reasons I can't even begin to explain.

Which is where you come in...

Your turn: If you've taken a photo from a height - any height - post it to your blog or website, then leave a comment here letting folks know where to find it. Visit other participants to share in the photographic experience, and feel free to share additional photos through the week as the spirit moves you. New to Thematic? Hit up this link for more info on how it all works. Enjoy, and thanks!

8 comments:

fredamans said...

Great urban shot!

http://fredamans.blogspot.ca/2015/09/at-top-of-cn-tower.html

21 Wits said...

Nice view looking down! I went not so high, but like you said explore, and our many perceptions is what keeps things interesting! Here's mine
http://twincitiesblather.blogspot.com/2015/09/is-that-gnome-from-great-height.html

Bob Scotney said...

I'm away until the weekend but will post then and comment on other contributions.

Michèle et Jean-Claude said...

It has been a while, but here is my contribution this week

From a Great Height

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

I have an older pic, I think it's from before I started posting here.

Fences, Nutkin, Foot
~

Bob Scotney said...

Better late than never. Here's mine Looking down.
http://bit.ly/1jaWxwQ

Gilly said...

Got my internet back at long last! Here are my heights www.gillymaccsphotos.blogspot.com

Somewhere round about said...

bit late, but here's mine