Monday, August 17, 2015

Thematic Photographic 346 - Where You Work

Speaking to the country
Toronto, ON
August 2015
I want to try something a little different with this week's Thematic. The theme, Where You Work, is my way of trying to personalize the process a bit, to turn the lens inward and share a little more of what life looks like in the otherwise unseen places where we live and, yes, work.

So I'll start with mine. Well, one of the places where I work. I have a home office where I do most of my writing, pitching and fretting. But I also get to work in all sorts of rather insane places, mostly television and radio studios in London and further afield. Last week, I got to spend the day working out of this one, which was in the middle of one of the coolest buildings I've ever seen, CBC's Canadian Broadcast Centre in Toronto.

I don't tend to get starstruck by people or places, but I have to admit on more than a couple occasions on this day, I kinda had to pinch myself that I was doing radio from this incredible place. The good news is I'm heading back to Toronto tomorrow for another round of radio hits, and I'm sure I'll be taking a few more pictures along the way.

Your turn: This week's Thematic theme is Where You Work. Please share a pic or three (however many you wish) of the place where you get work done. Be liberal with how you interpret the theme, as that's the point of the exercise. Post it to your blog or website, then leave a comment here letting folks know where to find it. Head here if you'd like more info on how Thematic works, and feel free to drop by again later in the week - bonus if you bring a friend. Enjoy!

4 comments:

Gilly said...

Some pleasant places I work! http://gillymaccsphotos.blogspot.com

Bob Scotney said...

When you've retired like me, what better than watches things grow.
http://bit.ly/1J1jyIk

Max Sartin said...

Great theme, great timing. Here are my shots:
http://ladunata.blogspot.com/2015/08/thematic-photographicwhere-you-work.html

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

I'm in the same boat as Bob.

Lake and Mountain
~