Monday, July 13, 2015

Thematic Photographic 341 - The Camera

Looking right down the lens
London, ON
May 2015
I want to turn things around a bit this week. Each Thematic theme is the result of photos we take WITH our cameras. For the next week, I'd like us to share photos OF the various cameras we all use to capture the world around us.

It could be the camera you shoot with everyday, or your smartphone, or your tablet, or whatever other tool you use to gather light and share the results with others. It's a bit of an outside-in kind of theme, and I thought it would be fun to bend the lens backward, so to speak, so that we could all get a glimpse into the mechanics of the craft.

This is a view of the studio at CTV London that I often use to do both live and taped interviews. On the extreme left in the background, the camera on the big pedestal is often used to shoot live hits against the blue screen on the right. In the middle is the HD camera used to grab clips for the national newscast. On the right is the robotic camera we use for live CTV News Channel interviews. Scattered around the studio are monitors and displays that can be used to oversee live feeds or do other broadcast-ish stuff.

Different uses, different equipment and locations. It's like a toy store for grownups!

Your turn: What are the cameras in your life? This week's Thematic theme, The Camera, asks us to share a glimpse of the equipment we - or others - use to capture our (or their) respective worlds. Grab a picture of a camera (I know, bizarre) and share it on your blog or website. Leave a comment here letting everyone know where to find it. Visit other participants to share the joy, and feel free to visit again through the week if you've got more pics to share (more is always good.) If you're new to Thematic, head here for more background Otherwise, enjoy this week's light-bending experience!

7 comments:

Gilly said...

Well now, a tricky one this as I've explained! http://gillymaccscameras.blogspot.com

Gilly said...

Ha! I sent the wrong link! http://gillymaccsphotos.blogspot.com should get you to my historical discourse!

fredamans said...

I've seen your set on CTV news before... must be exciting to be in front of the lens, at that capacity. Not something I would have the balls for though... lol

http://fredamans.blogspot.ca/2015/07/the-camera.html

Anonymous said...

Here's mine https://evasmoodboard.wordpress.com/2015/07/14/7822/

21 Wits said...

Now that's one exciting scene of eyes behind the lens! Fun stuff Carmi, and it's always a treat to watch you live! Here's mine

http://twincitiesblather.blogspot.com/2015/07/the-camera.html

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

I wish I had a picture of all the cameras I've used. But a lot of years, I only had one camera, and never thought about borrowing.

Anyways, I used some old shots for this theme, you'll see why.

;-)

Bob Scotney said...

I can't match the array of cameras Carmi has shown us. Here are the ones I've used.
http://bit.ly/1DjnMbG