Friday, April 24, 2015

Office space that inspires

Cool work digs
London, ON
April 2015
Thematic. Where you work. Here.
‎For the record, I do not work in the office you see here, but I know a bunch of people who do, and they are quite likely some of the luckiest techies in London right about now.

I was lucky enough to attend the ribbon-cutting for this remarkable new space the other night. It's called the London Roundhouse, and it's where locomotives in train-centric London used to be serviced and sent back on their way. This building was integral to the building of this city, and it's poetic perfection that it's now home to some of London's top technology talent.

The place was packed. Our Mayor, Matt Brown, was there, as was a veritable who's who of London's business and cultural community. I still can't get that feeling - a curious mixture of inspiration, comfort, community and anticipation for a bright future - out of my head. Nor do I want to.

We live in interesting times. Cool that we get to witness it all first-hand.

Your turn: What makes a space - work, home, whatever - inspirational to you?

No comments: