Monday, April 20, 2015

Giving the gift of garbage, everywhere...

Someone didn't get enough protein
London, ON
April 2015
‎Maybe it's just me, but I find it disgusting when I come across half-empty coffee cups or food containers left in public places. Like grocery store floors, elevators or, as you can see from the photo above, mere inches from my parked car.

I'm not sure which chromosomes are out of place and/or damaged, or what other factors might be in play that seemingly compel otherwise reasonable adults to leave their garbage wherever they feel it's most convenient for them. I keep wondering whether I'm the abnormal one for being raised to look for a garbage or recycling bin whenever I'm done with whatever it is that I've consumed or used.

Funny, but it strikes me as more work to surreptitiously stash something on a filthy, shady parking structure floor than it would be to take a few seconds to toss it in a clearly marked bin nearby. Whoever did the deed, I hope you're pleased with yourself. For what it's worth, you're the only one who is.

Your turn: Does this kind of thing bother you as much as it bothers me?

1 comment: