Sunday, July 06, 2014

His name is George

Hey, are you looking at ME?
Grand Bend, ON
July 2014
Click photo to embiggen
Thematic. Critters. Here.
If you've hung around here long enough, you've probably seen some of my seagull pictures. Whether we're at the beach or just sitting in a parking lot, I have this annoying habit of shooting pictures of them (see here, here and here for past examples.) I'm keenly aware of the fact that most folks see them as hot dog-stealing urban scavengers, little more than rats with wings who manage to annoy everyone around them.

That may well be true, but I'm thinking I've annoyed plenty of folks around me, too, and I'd hate to think that they've lumped me into the same urban-scavenger category. It cuts both ways, folks, and I suspect if we sat one of these birds down for a chat, we'd hear a sad story of loss, hurt feelings and regret that they didn't get an invitation to last year's block party. Seagulls have feelings, too.

But since gulls can't talk, let alone sit down long enough for a chat, I did the next best thing when I was at the beach yesterday: I pointed my lens at them and had some fun.

Debbie says this one is a George. And, no, I did not bring him home with me. I'll just shoot him and his cousins again the next time we hit the sand.

Your turn: What's George thinking? That stare kinda scares me a little.

4 comments:

Greg M said...

"Put down the french fry and walk away""

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

Greg M. stole my thought!!!

Perhaps he is a magician???
~

Bob Scotney said...

George - Come back and clear up the mess on my drive!

21 Wits said...

He's thinking, come on somebody has to play catch with me!