Monday, May 12, 2014

Thematic Photographic 294 - Landscapes

Moonscape
London, ON
February 2014
I've chosen Landscapes as this week's theme because now that the snow's finally melted away, I've been getting out, both on foot and on my bike, and starting to take tentative steps back into the big world. I've also begun taking my camera along for the ride, because I never quite know when I'll be inspired to bring home a picture or two of what I came across.

On this late afternoon, it was a stretch of oddly shaped snow in the middle of the parking lot. It struck me as particularly desolate, and a perfect representation of the winter we thought would never end. On any other day, in any other place, there's almost no way of knowing what will grab my eye. And that's what makes it so rewarding.

Your turn: For the next week, I hope you'll all head out into the big world and grab a few landscape-themed pictures of your very own. I hope you'll then upload it to your blog or website, then leave a comment here letting folks know where to find it. Visit other participants to share in the photographic fun, and head here if you need a primer on how Thematic Photographic works. Most of all, have fun with it. Because photography should be fun.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm still remembering my last trip to Amsterdam; here's mine http://evasmoodboard.wordpress.com/2014/05/13/4797/

Bob Scotney said...

I dug into my archive for these.
http://bit.ly/1nKdk6M

photodoug said...

Carmi, Hooray! Winter has passed. Able to hike the nature trails without snow shoes.

21 Wits said...

Carmi, this is a great capture, as it does appear to be at first glance, that you have reached the moon! Funny scene too, and one I saw far too much of in the not so distant past! Can you believe, I saw two incredibly dirty snowbanks just last week? Yes, in May! Here's mine
http://twincitiesblather.blogspot.com/2014/05/thematic-photographic-landscapes.html

Bob Scotney said...

I don't know what happened to the link I put up yesterday but here it is again. Pictures from my archive.
http://bobscotney.blogspot.co.uk/2014/05/landscapes-thematic-photography.html

Michèle et Jean-Claude said...

You may find I went a bit overboard this week and in English to boot!

Landscapes

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

I'm in with...

Lakescapes
~

Alexia said...

Blogger is acting up; it wouldn't let me comment on photodoug's landscape...

I have some landscapes here

Unknown said...

I took this in Panchgani two months back..... already seems like a dream.

http://ranusphotography.blogspot.in/2014/04/fileds-at-panchgani.html