Saturday, May 03, 2014

Reflecting where the water meets the sea

Watching the waves
Grand Bend, ON
September 2013
For more reflective Thematic, please click here
The day was windy and not altogether ideal for being at the beach. But this is Canada. And as long as it isn't snowing, we'll be out there (and even then...) Because you can't choose the weather, and you never know what the next day will bring. Or the next.

So you take advantage of it now. And if you have to put on a hooded sweatshirt as the wind whips the sand in your face, so be it. It's what being alive is all about.

I'm guessing this gentleman was having similar thoughts as he sat at the end of the pier and watched the crashing surf. I'm also guessing the swimmers in the distance reached the same conclusion. Live for today. Suck up as much as you possibly can. Because you never know.

Your turn: What's he thinking?

2 comments:

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

"I wish I was swimming, but it's TOO COLD!"
~

Pat Tillett said...

I think he's wondering what those idiots are doing in the water...

If it was me, it would one of those times that I shut down all processes and just "be" in the moment.
Like you said, "you never know."