Thursday, May 01, 2014

Internet Explorer - businesses pay the price

This Internet Explorer weakness thing gets more fun by the day. PwC yesterday released the results of its 6th annual Digital IQ Survey, and the numbers highlight a significant problem in Canadian business: Companies want to be more tech savvy, and they recognize the need to do so. But they fail to act on it. Which leaves them uncompetitive. And exposed.

Periodic upheavals like the Heartbleed bug and the IE vulnerability don't help matters. So to illustrate the risks and the costs, I wrote a piece for Yahoo Canada Finance:
IE vulnerability exposes growing Canadian knowledge gap
I'm guessing this is all fun and games until someone hacks you into the Dark Ages.

This just in: At 10am PDT today, Microsoft released the fix to patch the known vulnerability in IE (CNET, blog entry from Microsoft's Dustin C. Childs). Surprisingly, it includes Windows XP. Download it immediately. Do not pass Go. Do not collect $200.

1 comment:

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

I never use Internet Exploder, but I have XP on my laptop (and on my pc).

Will this help my laptop anyways, Carmi?
~