Tuesday, May 06, 2014

Swimmers no more

Iced
London, ON

January 2014
For more Thematic pets, please click here
I'll fess up now: I'm not a fish person. Sure, I appreciate them very much given their critical position within the ecosystem, and I enjoy watching a pond full of koi just as much as anyone else. But I can't seem to cross the great divide and have them as pets. Not anymore, anyway.

See, I have a dismal track record when it comes to keeping goldfish alive. Some people have brown thumbs. And although I'm not sure what euphemistic color my digits would otherwise be, it's entirely fair to call me an inadvertent pet fish killer. As soon as they see me through the sides of their glass bowls, I'm quite certain the countdown clock begins ticking.

Perhaps to atone for my bad-fish-owner vibe, I shoot them at the grocery store. Maybe there isn't really a reason beyond the fact that they just look so bizarre on that bed of ice. I've never actually bought fish to bring home for supper - personal rule: no eating anything I can recognize - so I'm not sure what might compel a shopper to pick the left-hand fish over the right-hand one. But as photographic subjects, they pretty much top everything else in the store.

Your turn: These fish need names. Suggestions?

3 comments:

Cloudia said...

Paul Ryan, Stephen Harper, David Cameron!



ALOHA from Honolulu
ComfortSpiral

=^..^= <3

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

One fish, two fish?

How about: red fish, blue fish?

;-)

Cloudia said...

Funny, you don't LOOK bluefish!