Monday, February 17, 2014

Please don't steal the shopping carts

No shopping here
London, ON
January 2014
I wanted to round out this week's emptiness theme - head here if you'd like to share yours - with this rather sad-looking scene from a local parking lot. As much as we complain about this year's winter that will not end, it's been a boon for anyone who revels in melancholy weather photos.

And this is as melancholy as it gets, a reminder that as miserable as we may be when the storms roll in, the person who's got to corral these stolen and/or abandoned shopping carts has it far worse.

Whoever ultimately collected this steel chariot, I hope he/she paused for a moment to appreciate the aesthetic of the scene. Okay, probably not.

3 comments:

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

My sister and brother-in-law visited the place in Berkeley Springs this week. There is 18 inches of snow in the parking lot and long driveway, so no way I could get the Civic in there.

Going to have to wait for a thaw...
~

21 Wits said...

Funny thing is, this is just what the parking lot looked like Saturday night! We were a two man team, one pushed and the other pulled all the way to the car!

Bruno Laliberté said...

I hate Winter [in Montreal], but it does have a certain dose of magic, if you've got somewhere warm to go to...quickly!! I occasionally get a few shots myself but you can bet I don't linger out there for too long.