Monday, December 30, 2013

Thematic Photographic 275 - Favorite photos of the year

Alone
Toronto, ON
August 2013
I wanted to bridge 2013 into 2014 with a challenge to both you and to myself to share our absolute favourite pictures taken over the past year.

Sometimes we're so busy that we never take the time to reflect on what we've recorded along the way. I'll try to fix that in the year to come, and hope you will, too.

This particular photo is my favorite not because it's pretty. It isn't. It's tragic beyond words. And it makes me think and it makes me feel. Which is what I always wanted my photos to do. As you choose your own favorites, I hope you'll similarly find work that moved - and continues to move - you.

Your turn: Pick as many of your faves as you've got, and post them - individually, separately, whatever works best for you - to your blog or website. Leave a comment here letting folks know where to find 'em. In addition to the photos, I hope you'll share some thoughts on precisely why they're your favorites. Don't forget to tweet the link to the #ThematicPhotographic hashtag, and head here if you'd like more info on how Thematic works. Thank you for making this another photographically challenging and rewarding year.


9 comments:

Kelsea said...

Every year I look forward to this theme! It gives me time to go back and sift through all the pictures, all the memories. And I love looking through the favorites of others as well, because like your picture Carmi, they often have stories to tell.

Here are mine:
http://glimpseoflightbykelsea.blogspot.com/2013/12/favorite-photos-of-year.html

Happy New Year everyone!!

Gilly said...

I think I have chosen a thoughtful selection! http://gillymaccsphotos.blogspot.com

Bob Scotney said...

My problem was what to leave out. Here's my favourites - http://bit.ly/19YqDeO

Happy New Year everyone!

21 Wits said...

I remember this deeply touching photo of yours Carmi. Quite memorable. Here is a short collection of mine, as this is such a hard task, as I really have so many I wanted to post!

http://twincitiesblather.blogspot.com/2013/12/thematic-photographic-favorite-photos.html

Max Sartin said...

Like Bob, I could have easily made this three times as long, but here are my favorites of the ones I used on my blog.

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

12 Pics for 12 Months

Happy New Year, Everybody!!
~

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year; here's mine http://evasmoodboard.wordpress.com/2014/01/01/january-gallery/

Michèle et Jean-Claude said...

What a year we have had! And participating in the Thematic Photographic project has been a real privilege!

Favourite Photos of the Year

Alexia said...

Thank you, Carmi, for finding time in your incredibly busy life to keep giving us these opportunities to share our photos.

Some of the ones I'm happy I took last year are here.