Sunday, June 30, 2013

When you take a closer look

Branded
Delray Beach, FL
December 2009

Click photo to embiggen
At first glance, it's pristine, a perfect example of shiny newness.

But lean in a bit for a closer look (go ahead, we'll wait) and something else becomes apparent. In the margins, in the little folds next to and in between the intricate chrome-topped lettering, things aren't as perfect as they seem.

As anyone who's ever cleaned the kitchen, mowed the lawn, polished the silver or wiped down a post-mealtime toddler, the big, wide-open parts are a lot easier than the nooks and crannies.

This isn't my way of saying I enjoy highlighting my friends' and family members' cleaning inadequacies - Lord knows they'd have a field day if the tables were turned. Rather, it's a gentle reminder, to myself and the three people who might read this, that we see things differently if we take the time to look more closely. And if we don't, we'll never know what we might miss.

3 comments:

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

Rather, it's a gentle reminder, to myself and the three people who might read this...

The internet is dead! At least it wasn't you or I what killed it, Carmi.
~

Cloudia said...

Balabusta!




ALOHA from Honolulu
Comfort Spiral
~ > < } } ( ° > <3
> < } } ( ° >
> < 3 3 3 ( ' >

OldLady Of The Hills said...

Lovely to see your name come up in my comments....It is a long time, my
dear. I hope all is well with you and yours, dear Carmi.