Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Catch the setting sun

Focused
Laval, QC
May 2013
I have no way of knowing how new - or not - this vinegar dispenser was, but I'm pretty sure it was the shiniest thing I had seen that day. At least after I was finished positioning it this way and that to best capture the sun. (See here for more Thematic shiny and newness.)

New or old, it served as a sobering reminder that not every scene is immediately visible to the eye. Or to the mind's eye. Sometimes you have to shift things around - either the things themselves, or your own perspective. Sometimes you have to squint your eyes just so. Or let go of a long-held belief.

Only then can you see what hadn't been there previously. Or maybe it was indeed there, but you just weren't ready for it. Either way, I'll never simply walk away again. Otherwise I might miss a pretty decent second act.

1 comment:

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

I just remembered that the Shining is a very scary movie.
~