Sunday, November 18, 2012

Introducing: My favorite parking spots

The view outside
Delaware, ON
November 2012
It's been a fun, fun morning, with me running les enfants to a program in the countryside west of London (Circle R Ranch, if you're from the 'hood.) It's just far enough from home that I decided to stay here till the program's done, because wouldn't you know it they need me to carpool back to town. Imagine that: no one's walking the bazillion kilometres back home.

It is, if we're being geographically precise, in the middle of nowhere. Which, coincidentally, is exactly how I like it. I thought I'd celebrate our Thematic windows theme (click here to share yours) with this view out the window. I found it inspiring, and I hope you do, too. I'm also introducing a new occasional feature, called My favorite parking spots. It is as it sounds: shoot a picture whenever you park in a place that jazzes you, then share it. Let's see where this goes.

Your turn: So what's the prettiest place you've ever parked? Got a pic?

7 comments:

Kalei's Best Friend said...

Prettiest place or should I say most awesomest is Manoa Falls on Oahu.. Its the rainforest area of Oahu... A great hike- minus the tourists!.. its a whole other world!. Tree trunks soaked w/so much humidity that they open up... and yes, I have pictures especially the one where I look like I am being swallowed up by the trunk... Gigantic bamboo, mama boar w/her babies...and awful noseeums that are the death of me...

Craig said...

Middle of nowhere is just where I like to be: lots of space for the dogs to run, dark(er) skies for astronomy, and just being able to wander with no people, cars, or distractions other than the wind in the trees. I really miss Nova Scotia for just those reasons. And you're not too far away from my little village of Mount Brydges. Stop in for tea if you have time!

Lisa Shafer said...

That's a lovely little view out your windshield.

Tim said...

Just great - now you've given away the location of 'the middle of nowhere' and everyone is going to be coming our here to enjoy it. Next thing you know, you'll be telling them about Komoka Provincial Park as well! Thanks a lot, Carmi. ;-)

21 Wits said...

Carmi, what a view! A totally outstanding parking spot without a doubt!

21 Wits said...

Okay Carmi- here's my photo per your request

http://twincitiesblather.blogspot.com/2012/11/my-favorite-parking-spots-tp.html

Janet said...

I've got a few...and thank you for sharing yours! It looks so lovely and peaceful :-)

http://fondofsnape.com/?p=4787