Monday, November 26, 2012

Don't touch the electric fence

Should I even be here?
Port Stanley, ON
July 2012
Get your last-minute Thematic rectangular submissions in ... here.




















The big beach at Port Stanley is bordered on its eastern side by an artificial breakwater. Like many others at other waterfronts, this one is off limits to the public. Unlike many others, it's about as welcoming as Alcatraz.

I thought we'd round out this week's exploration of all things rectangular with this one, because even though these shapes are so often associated with proper order and neatness, it isn't always the case.

Your turn: What's going on here that justifies the uber-security? I've never been able to figure it out. Got any ideas?

1 comment:

21 Wits said...

You know I've probably been to Port Stanley in my childhood. Born and raised in Michigan! I'm thinking they don't want someone getting hurt for whatever reason- the water, Lake Erie, the bridge, some sort of power current? Protection from something. But I bet you'll share what it is, right?!!!