Monday, June 04, 2012

Thematic Photographic 198 - The Natural World

Rocky Mountain High
Somewhere in Alberta, Canada
May 2012



















Oops, looks like I missed a week of Thematic. Sorry about that: Life got busy (here and here). Thanks for your understanding, and thanks for continuing to participate in this admittedly zany little pursuit.

I wanted to get back to basics for this week's theme. It's come to my attention that the world can be a pretty spectacular place. Despite humankind's best efforts to trash the place, our planet can still stop us dead in our tracks with its beauty. But only if we take the time to notice. I'm glad I looked out the window and noticed the Canadian Rockies below. They seemed to reach right up to the sky, and made me wish we could circle for a while to take it all in.

So for the next week, I'd like us all to look for similar moments: Take the time to notice the natural loveliness all around us, and shoot it if you can. Easy. And eye-opening, I hope.

Your turn: Take a pic (or two, or ten) in support of this week's theme. Post it to your blog or website. Leave a comment here so folks know where to find it. Visit other participants. Repeat and encourage friends, family members and complete strangers you meet on the city bus to join in. Just because. (For more info on how Thematic works, click here. Otherwise, enjoy...and thanks!)

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just a few shots from the shortest camping trip I’ve ever participated in… well worth the time in the Natural World, though.

mignon said...

hello CL and thematic, and hello to the natural world. click and come on over to see flowers in my garden and today's rain on my skylight.

fredamans said...

Nothing more natural than mountains and those are a beauty!

http://fredamans.blogspot.ca/2012/06/thematic-photographic-natural-world.html

Lisa Shafer said...

Well, my photo is nowhere near as stunning as Carmi's, but I'd like to invite everyone over to play my little game with this theme.

http://lisashafer.blogspot.com/2012/06/photo-mysteries-writers-game-22.html

Max Sartin said...

Wonderful picture of the Rockies. Great theme, here's my first set.

Tina´s PicStory said...

great shot! my natur is here:
http://tinaspicstory.blogspot.de/2012/06/just-one-pic-31-yellow-bud.html

21 Wits said...

Hello Carmi, are you out there? It's so GREAT to see you back in the game! Here's my post

http://twincitiesblather.blogspot.com/2012/06/thematic-photographic-198-natural-world.html

Max Sartin said...

The Natural World spilled out into another post…

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

Here are my pics.

I'll visit everybody tomorrow, me tired now!

;-)

Gilly said...

Mine are here. I apologise for the strange layout - I am working on it!

Bob Scotney said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bob Scotney said...

Superb picture Carmi.
Meanwhile some holiday snaps and a pile of rocks.
http://bobscotney.blogspot.com/2012/06/natural-world-thematic-photograpy.html

Glennis said...

I've missed so many! But here is one - I stopped along the beach road to watch a flock of birds. So did this woman, and while I was photographing the birds, she ended up in my shot - and made it more striking.

http://doves2day.blogspot.com/2012/06/thematic-photographic-natural-world.html

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

Oops, I messed up my link.

Here they are!

(Thanks for the top, Gilly!)
~

Vicki said...

Hey Cari!
Thanks for stopping by!

Here's my post for this weeks theme. Better late than never. :)

~Vicki~

http://vickijf.blogspot.com/2012/06/natural-world-thematic-photographic-198.html

Alexia said...

That is an amazing mountain shot, Carmi.
Here are some natural shots from my side of the world.

me said...

is it too late to play? http://spottychop.blogspot.com/2012/06/thematic-photographic-198-natural-world.html

Max Sartin said...

Thought I was done with this theme, until this evening when a family of ducks decided to take a rest in my driveway. See them here.

Max Sartin said...

Oops, looks like I posted a link that just went right back to this post.
You can get to the right place here.
sorry folks.

Juniper said...

Sorry I'm late! Here is something small from the Natural World