Saturday, December 24, 2011

Journey to the centre of the universe


Time out
New York, NY, November 2009
About this photo: Thematic. Strangers. Here.
Let's get this out of the way first: I spelled the word, "centre", like a good Canadian should. There, I feel better. Let's continue.

It's hard to take a picture in Times Square without getting a stray human being caught in your composition. The place teems with people like the underside of a rock is covered with...well, you know. I almost got away with an empty shot on this bright Saturday morning (I wasn't in shul...shhh) until this guy sauntered into the sea of red chairs and plunked himself down.

Looking back at this now-two-year-old shot brings some neat things to mind:
  • I now write for the organization featured in the billboard just above his head (latest piece here.)
  • The NASDAQ reflection on the right? I'd been there before in another one of those surreal New York moments.
  • I waited to meet one of my Budweiser friends. None showed up. Two years later, I'm beginning to doubt I have any friends at Budweiser
Whoever this guy is probably had no idea I was even there. I wonder if his ears are burning right about now.

Your turn: What's he thinking?

2 comments:

Kalei's Best Friend said...

Naw, I doubt he was wondering why you were snapping photos.. He was there just taking the view in and enjoying it ALL...:-)

Tabor said...

Hoping you Hanukkah is filled with light and peacefulness!