Saturday, May 03, 2008

Microsoft-Yahoo - no joy

This just in: Microsoft is backing away from Yahoo. No more Microhoo jokes.

I don't feel especially happy or sad. But I felt I needed to mention it in some fashion considering how much I've yapped about it since it first hit the geek-radar in January. I think we all seem to derive a small amount of comfort when big stories hover over the industry like ginormous, protective blimps. And when the blimps float away, we feel a little more exposed. Or something like that.

What does it really mean? Simple: The tech industry has hit another inflection point, and I'm left wondering how this particular event will influence the evolution of the space over the next few years. And I was home watching the hockey game with the kids when it happened.

Life goes on...

1 comment:

Susan Helene Gottfried said...

I think I'm relieved, but what do I know? Montreal just lost and I'm heartbroken. Seriously. I had the Philphadelphia Flighters.