Monday, April 14, 2008

Look out any window


Reflective
London, ON, April 2008 [Click to embiggen]


I used to work next door to the green-blue building that you see reflected in the series of windows above. As I rode past it every afternoon, I'd thank my lucky stars that I didn't have to work there. After all, relics of really bad '70s architecture with knots of smokers hanging around the front doors don't exactly make for happy places to spend the day.

But as I walked down the street and saw the colorful reflection, I saw this otherwise sad-looking structure in a new light. I need to look into windows a little more often. Perhaps then I'd be able to appreciate their contribution to the streetscape a little better.

Please don't call me a Peeping Tom.

Your turn: A reflection that you remember. Please discuss.

6 comments:

Heather said...

That is a great shot. The reflected blue is so bright, it reminds me of the Carribean ocean.

Carletta said...

I love this shot!

And Carmi, why would we call you Tom! ;)

Carletta said...

I love this shot!

And Carmi, why would we call you Tom! ;)

kenju said...

Every time we visit the big cities, I look at windows and wonder what happened behind them. So many stories, so little time....

Rainbow dreams said...

perhaps it is a little sad the building itself....with a snazzy colour to try and disguise it. In refection it looks good, like all the holiday brochures with hotels that promise far more than they deliver in real life...
as you say though, it's the people that make a place...

Jennifer said...

A reflection that I remember is when I was little and we moved to Ennismore * in Peterborough Ontario*. We'd have to cross the causeway to get home. And the reflection of the moon on the water at night was just amazing. Because we were driving it followed us, and it seemed to stretch out across the entire lake.

I really miss it there.