Thursday, April 17, 2008

Cleanup in aisle 6


Reno gone horribly wrong
London, Ontario, March 2008 [Click to embiggen]

I came across this somewhat sad little scene as I walked around the edge of a half-demolished building a few weeks ago (click here for the original entry, Demolished). The original structure is now completely gone. The wrecking crews are now chewing through an identical - and identically past-its-prime and otherwise sad - building immediately to the east.

Same process. Different day. Different address.

My kids keep asking where all the people who used to live here have gone. I don't quite know what to tell them.

Your turn: Where did they go?

7 comments:

Chris said...

Sudbury?

b13 said...

West?...young man...

... Paige said...

that photo resembles some of the damage that storms over Texas have done the last few days or so.
Of course I'm sure some folks up in the earthquake zone of Illinois this it looks familiar too.
did I mention Michele says Hello & so do I.

Rachel said...

Who knows? Folks move on and buildings get demolished. Hopefully they moved on to better things!

Anonymous said...

I don't know but I feel sad for them. Today I pulled into my driveway and saw all these little squares of white paper (about ten) strewn on the gravel. I got out and looked and they were paper parts to matches that had been ripped off. They all said Thank You. Of course I took it as some personal message and took pictures of them, but don't know how to present them. Maybe a caption game is in order. Michele might play.

Sara said...

One has to wonder where they went...here in the winter we have fires in apartment building - just recently at an apartment building where 100 people lived - you have to wonder where do they find housing in areas that are already crowded?

It's sad when old buildings like this just go away...

BTW, Michele sent me this time - but, you know I'd have gotten here on my own...and I'm starting to perk up!!! Thank you for you good wishes.

Lori's Light Extemporanea said...

It always makes me sad when they tear down really old buildings. I know it's necessary but it seems like we're losing a lot.