Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Quoted - The New York Times

It's turning into quite the significant media day! It turns out that in addition to being quoted in today's Boston Globe (see earlier entry), I've also been picked up by the New York Times. The story is entitled Shift on Antitrust Issues May Aid Sirius-XM Deal. Byline is Andrew Ross Sorkin. He ended the story with this perspective from me:
Of course, perhaps the largest factor in their decision will be the precedent regulators want to set. “If the Federal Communications Commission grants a green light for this transaction, the brakes will be off for similar telecommunications industry hookups,” Carmi Levy, senior research analyst with Info-Tech Research Group, wrote to clients. If so, perhaps Mr. Ergen will get a second chance.
It should be illegal to enjoy work this much.

Your turn: If anyone has a copy of today's NYT, please let me know.

9 comments:

CG said...

Congratulations, Carmi!! Well deserved. I'm glad to know you love your job :) That's rare.

mi foto said...

Thank you for his your commentary in my blog and many congratulations.
Regards!

Holly Schwendiman said...

Hey Carmi,

So nice to *meet* you. Congratulations on getting quoted! That's fun stuff. My hubby talks techy and it all goes over my head - I just smile and know HE knows what he's talking about *laugh*. Thanks a million for dropping by my corner today and sharing such uplifting feedback! You made my day!

Hugs,
Holly
Holly's Corner

Gyrobo said...

I refuse to buy the Times until they agree to stop using recycled paper.

I hate trees. They're just so condescending, thinking they can block out the sun and all.

G3T Films said...

Well, Congrats on being a twice quoted techoanalysinguru. I was quoted once, well, misquoted really. Anyway, my lawyer said I shouldn't talk about it until after the class action by the Saudi Feminist League has been resolved.

Michael K. Althouse said...

Go Carmi, go Carmi (doing my 'Go Carmi' shuffle). Good job! And I agree with your analysis - paying for radio will never feel right to me.

Mike

TJ said...

That is so great! Congratulations :-)

Lori Schmidt (LoriProPhoto) said...

Congrats Carmi that is great twice in one day. Nice feeling I am sure.

Lori

Ash said...

Congratulations Carmi!!