Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Goatee

Today's interconnected world brings us goodness on so many planes, not the least of which is a regular flow of oddball stories that at first blush seem too bizarre to be true. To wit, I bring you the following kicker-type missive:

Goat demoted after unfortunate parade incident

Normally, something like this would be greeted with a quick laugh before we move on to our morning orange juice. But then I thought further, and I was mortified: these are British soldiers. They supposedly protect the U.K. from, you know, total annihilation.

And they saluted a goat. Then they demoted him for behaving like a....goat!

The world truly has gone mad. At least the Canadian Armed Forces, with their Cessna attack aircraft and porous, flammable submarines, never worshipped farm animals as ranking leaders.

Your turn: Military intelligence. Oxymoron? Please discuss.

6 comments:

Kara said...

I think i'm speechless....

Anonymous said...

WTF? That's insane. But you knew that, right? lol

Unknown said...

Carmi: This is really an unusual story. I'm afraid I don't quite understand this either. But it is strange!

Moon said...

Why am I not surprised?...I think that scares me more.

Tia said...

OK, and they make fun of Finland because we have a wife-carrying and a cell-phone throwing contest?!?!?!

Unique Designs from Zazzle said...

they were just trying to make a scape-human out of him