Thursday, August 25, 2005

Needed a smile


I'm spending a few days away from home to do the things that kids sometimes do when family stuff comes up. Life stress is high. Sleep is almost non-existent. I've posted this picture of one of my favorite childhood characters in the hope that it brings a smile to your face.

Your turn - a 2-parter:
  1. The first three words this picture and/or the memory of Oompa-Loompas brings to you are...
  2. What other characters of childhood hold lessons for us in adulthood? Why?

4 comments:

Jill said...

Carmi- I am thinking of you today and sending you my best wishes. I hope all is OK.

paula said...

oh my goodness.

Not to be morbid, but as a child I was completely terrified of oompah-loompahs. So when I saw this picture I envisioned a little hangman's noose!!

I was more of a Julie Andrews kind of fan as a tot... Raindrops on Roses and that sort of thing.

OOMPS were a weensy bit too disturbing for me.

*laughs*

dena said...

I don't like this new oompa nearly as much as the originals.

Whenever I see an oompa I think of:

the original oompa loompa candy
the band "The Little Kingz"


visiting from michele's

atomicvelvetsigh said...

1. don't know Oompa-Loompas (3 words)
2. characters of childhood hold lessons for us in adulthood? im thinking the smurfs.. but im too young to remember anything about them.. just that i know i watch them when i was a tot. maybe "care bears"? adults might think they're silly.. but the cooperation and little lessons from them might as well help adults cope with everyday stress..

btw, this reminded me of the challenge i made weeks ago, if you were to go back in time, without bringing memory of the future, when and what will you do? read more