Monday, May 09, 2005

Out of the mouths of babes

The scene:

Shopping mall parking lot this past weekend. I've taken the kids to pick up a Mother's Day gift for my wife. Their mission is to make sure we get something she likes. The side mission is, of course, to give Mom a bit of quiet time at home.

Little guy Noah is frowning as I help him out of the minivan. I know the look. It's the "I'm tired so you need to carry me" look.

Sure enough, once he's on the ground, he reaches his arms up toward me and says:
"I'm really not much of a walker."
He's 4. I pinch myself, then scoop him into my arms and carry him into the mall.

Apparently, little people do speak like adults more often than we suspect.

2 comments:

mommy d said...

That is so sweet! I can't wait until my kids start talking in sentences!

Maddie said...

wow. Too cute.