Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Admin update

Sorry in advance for the overt geekiness of this entry. I wanted to share a couple of quick infrastructure updates with you before we get back to the fun stuff:
  1. New comments are temporarily disabled. I suffered a bit of comment spam at the hands of someone who, shall we say, had a lot of free time on his hands. Bad news: all you good folks won't be able to post for a bit. Good news: I'm building a pretty good case study for process steps to deal with a cyberstalker (ever notice how these morons don't have the guts to use their real names?) More good news: I should get some articles and at least one opinion piece out of it. Thanks for your kind comments, Thumper!
  2. I'm wireless, sort of. I seem to have sniffed out an unsecured wireless LAN connection in the neighborhood. Tsk tsk to whoever's running that network for being such a security slacker, but woo-hoo for me. So here I sit on the living room floor in the middle of the night, typing my first wireless blog entry (all together now: who cares?) Still, I think it's rather neat. Maybe tomorrow I'll install my own damn wireless router. Hey, there's an idea!
Until I figure out a way to balance comments and security, please e-mail me your thoughts and I'll post them later. Thank you for your understanding. More later...

No comments: