Friday, September 24, 2004

Elmo - Wanted Terrorist

If you scan down the sidebar on the right-hand side of this site, you'll notice a new, Sesame-Street-themed addition to the ever-expanding list of graphic boxes toward the bottom. This one crosses those lovable pre-Muppets with the Department of Homeland Security's color-coded terror alert system.

Nothing like injecting a little humor into what would otherwise be a really depressing aspect of life in the new millenium.

Many thanks to Trillian for allowing me to completely rip off the idea from her site. On second thought, I didn't even get her permission. When she reads this, it'll be the first she knows of it. I'd better duck now.

3 comments:

Kate said...

Carmi,
It's been around for a very long time now. I think that i first saw it on WWdN at least six months ago, and he borrowed it from someone else.
Have you seen the one that is Rumsfeld painted the different colors of the alerts?

carmilevy said...

Thanks for the confirmation. I figured as much.

As I learn more about blog construction, I find myself looking for more interesting links - hooks, really - to the site. Some of them are trivial, others not. But it makes the place look far more lived in than one built on a template with a few spare links in the sidebar.

It's like a new house vs. a 40-year-old one with a lovely canopy of trees and rich landscaping. I'll go for the green all the time.

Besides, Elmo's timeless :)

Kate said...

Of course Elmo does rock. But my favorite is always and forever Grover. And sometimes SuperGrover.